Friday, October 25, 2013

App of the Week: Skitch

A couple weeks ago I showed you how to use an image search to save pictures from the Web onto your iPad.  Today I'm going to take it a step further and show you one of the many apps you can use to annotate your photos. 

Skitch is a very simple annotating app.   It will allow you to highlight, draw arrows, type, add shapes, etc.  You can import your photos from your camera roll or you can use the camera. 

In this example, I used the same plant picture I saved in my previous post, and simply labeled the parts of the plant.  Then I saved it to my camera roll and through my Dropbox app (see previous post), it magically appeared on my computer.   How much more exciting would it be to let the kids photograph a REAL plant and label it?    This is something even the youngest students can do.

I envision using this in several subject areas.  How about saving a poem or passage (or let them take a picture of it) and have them highlight the rhyming words?  You could do the same thing with graphic organizers you are working with in class. 

Big kids can find and save their own photos or take them with the camera.  Little kids can use pictures that you pre-save to your camera roll for them.

I think this will be an app you will really love!


No comments:

Post a Comment